2017 Ford F-150 vs Ram 1500 vs Silverado 1500
Full-size trucks have a reputation for providing the strength to go the extra mile when other vehicles fail. The 2017 Ford F-150 brings renewed capability with a wide selection of engines and affordable price that competitors simply can’t match. The overall tough design and composition makes it a tried-and-true truck that serves as one of the most reliable trucks in the industry. Top competitors like the Ram 1500 and Chevrolet Silverado 1500 just can’t keep up with the new Ford F-150.
Ford F-150 vs Ram 1500
- Capability is key for full-size trucks which is why the Ford F-150 brings a maximum trailering capacity of 5,000 pounds when properly equipped (XL trim) compared to the Ram 1500’s 4,830 pounds (Tradesman trim).
- Safety comes first with the F-150’s standard daytime running lights, a feature that the Ram 1500 lacks completely.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the Ford F-150 a top five-star safety rating. The Ram 1500 fell short with a four-star safety rating.
- The F-150 is better for city driving with an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city. The Ram 1500 earns an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city.
Ford F-150 vs Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- When it comes to price, the Ford F-150 is more affordable than the Silverado 1500, coming in at $26,730 and $27,585 respectively.
- Full-size trucks aren’t the most efficient vehicles on the road but the F-150 earns a respectable EPA-estimated 25 mpg highway, topping the Silverado 1500’s EPA-estimated 24 mpg highway.
- The F-150 makes traveling a breeze with the available in-vehicle trip computer, something the Silverado 1500 doesn’t offer.
- The Silverado 1500 lacks a Brake Assist system, a safety feature that comes standard on the Ford F-150.
The 2017 Ford F-150 comes with a wide selection of engines so drivers can customize their vehicle as needed. The latest model also boasts an aluminum body that’s incredible strong but weighs less than steel. To top it all off, the new Ford F-150 comes with a reputation for excellence and reliability that no competitor can beat!
Stop by Two Rivers Ford and test drive a new Ford F-150 today! One of our friendly, non-commissioned sales team members will be happy to help you find the perfect F-150 for your lifestyle and needs.